Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Families are forever with Chomas Creations embossing/scoring kit

For my next trick...
I wanted to see how it would look coloring embossed vellum with the Copic markers, so I gave it a shot! To get the look of the embossed title, you do need to flip it in Design Studio, or it will be facing the wrong way, because it looks better if you color the back side of the vellum. It seems with vellum you need to use a multi-cut of 2 with the Chomas Creations embossing kit for a more raised look. The embossed vellum shows up a lot better with a dark cardstock behind it, so I like to layer the vellum on top of any darker cardstock. Brads seem to be the best way to attach the vellum for me!


If there is one thing I don't have a lot of, it is family pictures, maybe because there are 6 of us! It is a very overwhelming task! This is a photo with my camera on a tripod, and with me and a remote control in hand, clicking it again and again and again! And out of about 30 shots, this was the best, even though one of my boys wasn't looking! Moral of the story? Get some photos with YOU in them, with your whole family in them! Kids grow too quick! So here is the finished layout!



4 comments:

Amy K said...

Oh Amy, I love this! The colored, embossed vellum is beautiful on this layout. Gotta try this...as always, thanks for the inspiration.

Tam said...

You got a nice pic and the LO is great!

2 Ducky said...

What a neat idea! Love that your products are made in the USA too.

Carrie K said...

I know what you mean! I hardly have any pictures withme in them! Love the embossed vellum!!