Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Monday, January 24, 2011

Crown frame with Chomas Creations engraving tip


After Maria of Believe Dream Create did this project with the Chomas Creations engraving tip and a piece of plastic mirror, I knew I had to give it a go!  I picked up some of the Darice plastic mirror sheets at Joanns.  You can get more info on Maria's mirror project here... Maria's mirror project

Here is what I did!  I picked up some of the 4x6 wood frames from Michael's for $1.  I paint the sides, add some patterned paper to the front with Mod Podge, let that dry, trim off the extra patterned paper.  Sand down any paper that is hanging over the sides.  Then I added some ribbon and pearls to the front of the frame.  I used screw eyes in either top corner of the frame to hold ribbon to hang the frame from.
Then I took the piece of plastic mirror, put that on a very sticky mat (I removed the protective piece from the top of the mirror AFTER it was on the mat and ready to go, and set that aside), and used the Chomas Creations engraving tip on MAX with a multi-cut of 3.  When it was done I put the protective piece back on the mirror to protect it from getting scratched until I was ready to put it in the frame.


Very simple, but fun project!  My daugther LOVES it!  Of course it is near impossible to get a good photo of a mirror!


Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

5 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

i have so been enjoying these projects made with the engraving tip! :) i told my husband that i want one as one of my birthday gifts next month. ;)

i LOVE what you did with the crown on the mirror! can you imagine doing it on a longer mirror, and positioning the crown at the top so everytime someone looks in the mirror, it looks like they have the crown on their head?! can you imagine the possibilities? like with the paperdoll carts, and hair, and hats... sooo cute! :D

thanks for your continues inspiration, amy! :)

Kaye said...

Very nice!

Tabitha said...

I agree with Lisa, love the possibilities. Thanks for another wonderful project. You are so talented and I am thankful that you share some of that with us. ;0)

Amy Chomas said...

You girls are just tooooo sweet!! Lisa, keep in mind the mirror I used was plastic! My hubby says don't try glass lol! And it will have to be smaller then 12x24!
Gotta link me to what you do, sounds like you are full of ideas!

Maria said...

Just LOVE it!