Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chomas Creations engraving tip with Maria!!!

I just love when Maria fills in as guest designer!  She always comes up with the coolest ideas, and her Copic coloring skillz put me to shame hehe!  The directions and project are all by Maria from Believe Dream Create with Maria so stop on by if you love the cute card as much as I do and wish her a Happy St. Patty's Day!

Happy St. Patricks Day with Chomas Creations

Hi, it's Maria and today I am using the Chomas Creations Engraving Tip and Mini Gel Pen Holder in a project for you. I had colored this Leprechaun a few weeks ago and set it aside, but I figured the big green day was coming so I better do something with it!
I decided to to a technique that Amy has done with the Engraving Tip that I haven't tried yet. I used Core'dinations Cardstock Black Magic. The inner layer of the one I chose is green--what else??! I was making a card for a man so I thought this technique was perfect to give it a more manly look. I made a file in my Gypsy for the background piece by adding shamrocks all over the rectangle.

To make the sentiment, I chose the saying Happy St. Patrick's Day. First I made a layer in the Gypsy with the shadow of this sentiment and cut it with the blade.
Without unloading the mat, I changed to the Mini Gel Pen where my blade housing goes without moving the carriage. On a new layer on my Gypsy I had the sentiment in the exact same place on the mat. I now drew the title in.
Before I put my card together I sanded the engraved parts lightly with a sanding block.

I colored in my sentiment with a Copic marker. I love Chomas Creations Gel Pens because they don't smear with Copics. Hard to find in a regular pen! You can also see in the picture above how I engraved a line around the sentiment base and shamrock base. Great way to add some texture to the piece.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!







Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

No comments: