Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Thursday, March 01, 2012

Goofy layout with Chomas Creations engraving tip

Man I feel like I have been slacking lately!   I apologize!  I really miss making layouts to tell you the truth, got to add to that stack that is almost up to the ceiling (ok not really that high, but I have a lot of layouts that need to find homes hehe!)
I found these silly pictures on my computer the other day and couldn't resist a fun page with them!  My sister has a ton of old Halloween costumes that the kids always go through and play dress up with!  The kids all love it! 
I used the Chomas Creations engraving tip for the Silhouette Cameo to etch the background pattern onto Core'dinations cardstock.  The design was a download for Studio called chevron stripes background.  And I have a tip for you!  I used a brillo pad to "sand" the background after it was etched.  It left the dark black color but really made the white underneath POP!


I used the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder for the Silhouette Cameo with a Sakura glaze pen in black to draw the subway title that I downloaded from Studio called phrase goofy.  I love how the glaze pen looks kind of like it is raised after it is drawn.  I added a shadow to the title, and then without removing the mat from the Cameo, I took out the pen holder, added the blade and cut the shadow.


I also used one of my journaling circles made with the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder. You can get the file and tutorial for these here... journaling circles


Here is the completed page with some of  my favorite goofballs!





Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

4 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

What great photos to showcase. Love the title piece.

Trisha said...

Thanks for sharing you Silhouette Cameo projects. I have your pens for my Cameo and, I know that I am doing something wrong. Every time I try to use them, even when the pen is selected, I get a whole bunch of straight lines connecting to the words. Can't wait til I figure out what I am doing wrong. I am sure it is something very simple.

Amy Chomas said...

Trisha, email me and lets do tech support! My email is on the left side of my blog!

Connie Layman said...

Awesome layout! I just ordered your pen holder, now I wish I had ordered the engraving tip too! I'm loving the chevron stripes!